Zollinger Research Papers
These are in part specific research topics on which Marcel has worked over the years, and which he initially wrote in order for Leland to be able to understand the text that was translated from German to English, as well as interpreted. Also included in this group are family documents that have been sent to the Zollinger Working Group in the form of photocopies, presenting family history research carried out be a number of individuals. Some of these may well have come from proper family history books, and if the original can be found one day, such books may be reproduced in the future.
- Family Tree Documentation of the Branch of Ulrich Zollinger who
emigrated in 1855 from Willikon to Mönchengladbach, Germany, by Horst
Zollinger, Zürich, May 2004.
- Albin Zollinger, his Works. Volume I, Biography by Felix
Müller, Zürich. This is a copy of the chapter of his biography which covers
his family, his ancestors, his wives and children.
- Genealogy of Urs Lenzlinger of Uster, Alfred Dobler, Riedikon
Sept. 2002. The mother of the family was married to a Johann Jacob Zollinger
of Rällikon, but when he died young, his widow married a Lenzlinger. He then
adopted all her children, and so the name changed.
- The Zollinger Ancestry, its History and its People, Jesse
Jacob Zollinger, River Hights, Utah, USA, February 1974.
- The Schachen Farm Zollingers. The Ancestors and Offspring
of Adolf Zollinger and Emilie Brüngger, Schachen, Oetwil, by Armin Städeli,
Oetwil. Translated new edition, Ottawa, June 2000.
- Transcript of the Family Chart of the Herzogenbuchsee Zollingers,
Marcel Zollinger, Ottawa, April 2000.
- Dozens of Cousins, The Descendants of Albert Zollinger and Verena
Elliker-Rüegg, by Katherine Meyers, 1968, Salt Lake City, Utah,
- The Lutikon Zollingers, A list of all mentions of Zollingers
living in Lautikon, based on the book by Gustav Dentist Zollinger II, translated
by Marcel Zollinger, Ottawa, 2002.
- Unser Zollikon, The History of the Municipality of Zollikon,
by Albert Heer, revised by Ernst Schlatter, published as a textbook by the
Zollikon High School, Zollikon.
- The St. Nicolas Property: The Story of a Zollinger Inheritance,
based on texts in Gustav Dentist Zollinger II, translated by Marcel Zollinger,
- From the Earliest Church Records of the Church of Egg,
based on an Appendix of the book by Gustav Dentist Zollinger II, translated
by Marcel Zollinger, Ottawa, 2002.
- The Population Census of 1634, based on text from the book
by Gustav Dentist Zollinger II, translated by Marcel Zollinger, Ottawa, 2001.
- The French Branch of the Zollinger Family, by Marcel Zollinger
based on Information from Michel Bussiere, Judge, Annecy France February 2001.
- Der Name Zollinger: Über Namensforschung, Gustav Zollinger,
Herzogenbuchsee, in Schweizer Sammler and Familienforscher, Bern, 1935, Nr.
3, copy with Marcel Zollinger, Ottawa
- Verbauerte Herrengeschlechter: Über den Ausgang einiger Geschlechter des Mittelalters, Gustav Zollinger, Herzogenbuchsee, Zentralstelle der Schweizerischen Gesellschaft für Familienforschung, Bern, Reihe 1.6., 1938, copy with Marcel Zollinger, Ottawa
- Wie wurden altdeutsche Personennamen zu Familien Namen? Auf altgermanischen
Glauben und Kult bezügliche Personennamen., Gustav Zollinger, Herzogenbuchsee,
Zentralstelle der Schweizerischen Gesellschaft für Familienforschung, Bern,
Reihe 1.7., 1939, copy with Marcel Zollinger, Ottawa
- List of Zollinger Names in Swiss Telephone Books, compiled
by Marcel Zollinger, Original November 2003, last Revision January 2006.
- List of Zollinger Names in German Telephone Books, compiled
by Marcel Zollinger, Original October 2003, last Revision July 2004.
- List of Zollinger Names in USA Telephone Books, compiled
by Marcel Zollinger, Original December 2003, last Revision October 2005.
- The Descendants of Lewis Ludwig Zollinger, 1772 - 1849,
by Jay Barrett Zollinger, Williamsburg, Michigan, August 2005.
- Vom Hof “Unter Eichen” und den Zollingerhäusern,
compiled by Prof. Dr. Peter Ziegler, Wädenswil, in Jahrbuch der Stadt
Wädenswil 1982, Wädenswil, Switzerland.
- Die Geschichte von Johann Jakob Zollinger, Deutscher Konsul in Aleppo,
in “Schweizer im Orient”, by Stefan Siegrist, pg. 123 - 127, Feuerthalen,
- The Oetwil Zollingers, from “Aus der Geschichte der
Zollinger, Zolliker und von Zollikon”, by Gustav Zollinger Dentist,
Herzogenbuchsee, Switzerland, translated and compiled by Marcel Zollinger,
- Heinrich Zollinger 1818 - 1859. "A Zürich Schoolteacher as
Botanist and Plantation Owner in Indonesia, His Life and his Time", in "Neujahrs
Blatt der Naturforschenden Gesellschaft von Zürich", for the Year 1984, Hans
Wanner, Orell-Füssli, Zürich 1984.
- Zollinger Marriage Records 1525 to 1880. Staatsarchiv Zürich,
originally created by Mr. Schulthess, Wallisellen, compiled by Marcel Zollinger,
Ottawa, December 2005 to October 2006.
- Marriages NOT in the Zollinger Database, based on the "Marriage
Records of Kanton Zürich, Name Zollinger, Male Entries between 1525 and 1880",
Staatsarchiv Zürich, compiled by Marcel Zollinger, Ottawa, December 2006